Candlelight Christmas in Historic
Murfreesboro is everything special that this holiday season
affords. The 2016 date celebrates the 31st Anniversary of the Candlelight Christmas Tour through the Historic District. The tour this year will be held on Friday and Saturday instead of the previous Thursday and Friday nights. Amid beautifully decorated historic homes and buildings, you will enjoy seasonal festivities of refreshment and music as you embark on your adventure. Decorative themes will reflect the opulence and flamboyance of the Victorian era. The Murfreesboro Historic District will indeed be a wonderful Christmas experience.
• Private homes and/or historically significant structures
• Traditional holiday food in designated sites
• Complete sit down Christmas dinner
• Complimentary horse-drawn carriage and tram rides in the Historic
• Beautiful seasonal decorations representing the magic of Christmas
• Musical entertainment at most sites
Each year, hundreds of visitors make the pilgrimage to
Murfreesboro to recapture and experience anew the spirit
of Christmas past and present. Visitors stroll along the
Historic District’s candlelight streets and walkways.
They are invited to tarry in a multitude of old homes and
buildings and are welcomed graciously by the citizenry.
Old acquaintances are renewed and new friends made in a
memory-making atmosphere. Christmas in Historic Murfreesboro
always conjures a vision of heavily laden tables offering
a sumptuous feast in an amazing fashion.
Christmas 2016 will feature the customary
holiday dinner and the museums and buildings will be festooned
in unique decorations
of Christmas past.
A complimentary horse and carriage ride through
the Historic District will enhance the complete Christmas
moment. Individuals, families, church groups, and fraternal
and civic organizations are urged to join in the celebration.
Bring a child and recapture the wonders of the season through
his or her eyes! We promise that you won’t be disappointed!
To pay by check download your ticket order form here.
Purchase your tickets here:
Candlelight Christmas is held Rain or Shine -- tickets are non-refundable.
Reservations are required. The deadline for making reservations is November 30th. Advanced sale tickets are available. Call 252-398-5922.
Murfreesboro is located approximately 60 miles
from Norfolk, Virginia, and 120 miles from Raleigh,
• Bed & Breakfast —
Marie & Ned Knepper — (252) 398-4511
• The English Inn — Geri Bradshaw —
• The Flanagan House — Tim & Teresa Flanagan — (252) 398-3676
• The Oaks —Craig Dennis— (252) 396-7415
10 miles from Murfreesboro
Cutawhiskey Bed & Breakfast —Rae & Steve Taylor — (252) 587-3667
13 miles south of Murfreesboro
• Ahoskie Inn — (252)332-4165
• Tomahawk Motel — (252)332-3194
• Jernigan House Bed & Breakfast — (252)209-5455
22 miles north of Murfreesboro
• Franklin Inn — (757)562-4100
• Comfort Inn — (800)221-2222
• Days Inn — (757)562-2225
• Super 8 Motel — (757)562-2888
• The Pace House Inn —
I-95, Exit 173 - 35 miles west
• Days Inn — (252)536-4867
• Hampton Inn — (252)537-7555
• Holiday Inn Express —
(252)536-2300 (exit 171)
• Interstate Inns — (252)536-4111
• Jameson Inn — (252)533-0022
• Orchard Inn — (252)536-2131
• Sleep Inn — (252)537-3141
The Murfreesboro Historical Association, Inc.
PO Box 3 • Murfreesboro, NC 27855
©2008 MHA. MHA is a Non-Profit Organization