Artwork by Twyla Duke,
This year's theme and artwork were announced at the MHA Annual Meeting in April. Twyla Duke, last year's artist, once again provided us with a painting, "Christmas in Wonderland" which will be seen on all Candlelight Christmas Tour correspondence.
Candlelight Christmas in Historic
Murfreesboro is everything special that this holiday season
affords. The 2013 date celebrates the 28th Anniversary of the Candlelight Christmas Tour through the Historic District. Amid beautifully decorated historic homes and buildings, you will enjoy seasonal festivities of refreshment and music as you embark on an adventure with a girl named Alice and some of her friends. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, written by Lewis Carroll and published in 1865, was deeply reflective of the Victorian era (1837-1901). Decorative themes will reflect the opulence and flamboyance of that time in which Carroll created such iconic characters as Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat and the Red Queen. The Murfreesboro Historic District, on the evening of December 5 and 6, 2013, will indeed be a Christmas in Wonderland.
• 13 stops in historically significant structures
• Traditional holiday food in each venue
• Complete sit down Christmas dinner
• Complimentary horse-drawn carriage and tram rides in the Historic
• Beautiful seasonal decorations representing the magic of Christmas
• Musical entertainment at most sites
Each year, hundreds of visitors make the pilgrimage to
Murfreesboro to recapture and experience anew the spirit
of Christmas past and present. Visitors stroll along the
Historic District’s candlelight streets and walkways.
They are invited to tarry in a multitude of old homes and
buildings and are welcomed graciously by the citizenry.
Old acquaintances are renewed and new friends made in a
memory-making atmosphere. Christmas in Historic Murfreesboro
always conjures a vision of heavily laden tables offering
a sumptuous feast in an amazing fashion.
Christmas 2013 will feature the customary
progressive dinner and the buildings will be festooned
in unique decorations
of Christmas past.
A complimentary horse and carriage ride through
the Historic District will enhance the complete Christmas
moment. Individuals, families, church groups, and fraternal
and civic organizations are urged to join in the celebration.
Bring a child and recapture the wonders of the season through
his or her eyes! We promise that you won’t be disappointed!
Ticket prices $30.00 adults, $10.00 children under 12.
To pay by check download your ticket order form here.
Candlelight Christmas is held Rain or Shine -- tickets are non-refundable.
Reservations are required. The deadline for making reservations is December 2nd. Advanced sale tickets are available. Call 252-398-5922.
Murfreesboro is located approximately 60 miles
from Norfolk, Virginia, and 120 miles from Raleigh,
• Bed & Breakfast —
Marie & Ned Knepper — (252) 398-4511
• Bed & Breakfast —
Carol Piper —
• The Commons — Jennifer
• The English Inn — Geri Bradshaw — (252) 398-3201
• The Flanagan House — Tim & Teresa Flanagan — (252) 398-3676
• The Oaks —Craig Dennis— (252) 396-7415
10 miles from Murfreesboro
Cutawhiskey Bed & Breakfast —Rae & Steve Taylor — (252) 587-3667
13 miles south of Murfreesboro
• Ahoskie Inn — (252)332-4165
• Tomahawk Motel — (252)332-3194
• Jernigan House Bed & Breakfast — (252)209-5455
22 miles north of Murfreesboro
• Franklin Inn — (757)562-4100
• Comfort Inn — (800)221-2222
• Days Inn — (757)562-2225
• Super 8 Motel — (757)562-2888
• The Pace House Inn —
I-95, Exit 173 - 35 miles west
• Days Inn — (252)536-4867
• Hampton Inn — (252)537-7555
• Holiday Inn Express —
(252)536-2300 (exit 171)
• Interstate Inns — (252)536-4111
• Jameson Inn — (252)533-0022
• Orchard Inn — (252)536-2131
• Sleep Inn — (252)537-3141